The American Economic Liberties Project is a non-partisan, non-profit organization dedicated to fighting against monopolistic corporations and the systems that entrench their power. This position will contribute to the development and execution of strategies and partnerships to deploy an aggressive policymaker engagement program, drawing attention to the harms of the most powerful corporations with a focus on tech platforms, including Facebook, Google, and Amazon.
The ideal candidate for this position will bring experience working in Congress or national politics and be well-versed in key policy debates. You will collaborate with our policy team, research team, and organizational partners to help build consensus around bold approaches to address concentrated corporate power and notch victories in fights against some of the most dangerous and destructive monopolies in the world.
In this role you will:
- Help develop outreach and engagement strategies for members of Congress, agency officials, and other policymakers to advance Economic Liberties’ ideas and priorities.
- Track legislative and policy developments related to Economic Liberties’ activities and proactively keep the team informed.
- Help to create and shape Economic Liberties’ written materials to maximize their relevancy to members of Congress and their staffs.
- As necessary, provide background briefings to the senior team in advance of meetings with policymakers and help ensure that appropriate follow up takes place.
- Coordinate closely with Economic Liberties’ communications team and contribute to the design of communications strategies.
- Support engagement in existing and future coalition efforts.
- Become fluent in the range of policy solutions available to address concentrated corporate power.
The salary range for this position is $70,000 to $85,000, commensurate with experience.
To learn more about the American Economic Liberties Project, go to our website at www.economicliberties.us.