The American Economic Liberties Project is a non-partisan, non-profit 501(c)3 organization dedicated to fighting monopoly power. We combine policy and regulatory expertise with strategic communications, coalition-building, and advocacy campaigns to help ensure policymakers protect workers, small businesses, communities, and democracy from monopolistic corporations to advance economic liberty for all.
Economic Liberties seeks a Digital Communications Associate to join our communications team and the growing movement to protect America’s economy and democracy from concentrated corporate power.
The ideal candidate for this position will bring experience working in digital strategy with focus on economic justice. You will report to the Communications Director and collaborate closely with the policy team, helping to build consensus around bold approaches to address concentrated corporate power and notching victories in fights against some of the most dangerous and destructive monopolies in the world.
In this role you will:
- Create and execute data-driven digital campaigns that advance Economic Liberties’ legislative, policy, and narrative change goals, and inspire action among policymakers and our supporters;
- Develop and write social media content, including videos and graphics, copy for landing pages, Economic Liberties’ newsletter, coalition toolkits, and other related products;
- Identify and create new spaces to grow our base (including through EveryAction, Discord, YouTube, and Substack);
- Assist in managing paid digital advertising campaigns to grow our audience;
- Manage content and data from digital tools such as EveryAction;
- Track and communicate digital metrics on a monthly basis;
- Support engagement in existing and future coalition efforts; and
- Become fluent in the range of policy solutions available to address concentrated corporate power.
An ideal candidate will have:
- Preferably at least 2-3 years of digital communications experience in a fast-paced environment, ideally on a political campaign, newsroom, or advocacy organization;
- Experience with video/graphic editing (proficiency preferred);
- A strong writer who enjoys synthesizing complex topics into digestable and shareable online content;
- Knowledge of social media software and is familiar with monitoring metrics;
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills;
- Great communications skills over phone, email, and chat;
- Strong organizational skills and an ability to juggle multiple tasks;
- Methodical approach to setting and reaching goals;
- Enjoy building new relationships and being a team player; and
- Passion for fighting corporate power and a strong sense of curiosity.
- Sense of curiosity about how markets work and ways policy could help decentralize economic power.
This is a full time, exempt position. The salary range is $55,000 – $65,000 plus excellent employer-paid full coverage benefits, including health, dental, and vision, as well as generous vacation and unlimited sick days, employer matching 401k plan, and up to twelve weeks parental leave. Compensation is commensurate with experience. We strongly encourage LGBTQ, women, and people of color to apply. Locating in Washington, D.C. is preferred but strong remote candidates will be considered.
How to apply:
Please submit your cover letter and resume in a single PDF to . Please include your full name and “Digital Communications Associate” in the subject line.
Please note that only those individuals whose qualifications match the current needs of this position will be considered applicants and will receive responses from Economic Liberties. Thank you for your interest.
As an equal opportunity employer, the American Economic Liberties Project values diversity, equity, and inclusion. We are committed to recruiting and promoting regardless of ability, age, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
To learn more about the American Economic Liberties Project, visit our website at .