The American Economic Liberties Project is a non-partisan, non-profit organization dedicated to developing policy ideas and generating political will for decentralizing concentrated economic power by educating, supporting, and demanding accountability from state and federal public officials who are responsible for protecting workers, entrepreneurs, small businesses, and communities from monopolistic corporations. Economic Liberties combines distinctive policy and regulatory expertise with capacities in research, strategic communications, advocacy, and coalition-building to achieve its goals.
We are seeking an Operations Associate to join our team who is passionate about our mission. You will work closely with the senior leadership team to provide scheduling and other administrative support and manage basic HR and office administrative tasks. This role will include operational tasks for Economic Liberties (501c3) and Fight Corporate Monopolies (501c4).
In this role you will:
- Perform administrative tasks, including scheduling for Economic Liberties’ Executive Director and senior team and managing technology, office supplies, etc.
- Work with Economic Liberties’ communications team and external partners to support event logistics.
- Maintain financial, employee, and consultant / vendor records.
- Work closely with our external accounting firm to run payroll and produce timely and correct financial records.
- Monitor and complete relevant registrations and compliance documents as needed.
- Provide administrative support to other projects as needed and other duties as assigned.
- 2+ years of experience in an administrative or operational role.
- Familiarity with basic HR and financial systems like ADP, Bill.com, Expensify, Quickbooks, etc.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Strong interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Solutions-oriented and excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues and external consultants in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong sense of curiosity and orientation for learning.
- Passion for fighting corporate power.
- All our positions are currently remote due to the pandemic, but this role will be based in Washington D.C. once offices safely reopen.
This is a full time, exempt position with Economic Liberties. The salary for this position is $50,000 – $54,000 plus excellent benefits. Compensation is commensurate with experience. We strongly encourage LGBTQ, women, and people of color to apply.
To learn more about the American Economic Liberties Project, visit our website at www.economicliberties.us.
How to apply:
Please submit your cover letter and resume in a single PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org
As an equal opportunity employer, the American Economic Liberties Project values diversity, equity, and inclusion. We are committed to recruiting and promoting regardless of ability, age, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status.