The American Economic Liberties Project is a non-partisan, non-profit 501(c)3 organization dedicated to fighting monopoly power. We combine policy and regulatory expertise with strategic communications, coalition-building, and advocacy campaigns to help ensure policymakers protect workers, small businesses, communities, and democracy from monopolistic corporations to advance economic liberty for all.
Economic Liberties seeks a Research Manager and Editor to help guide the work of a small team of competition policy researchers and generate original work to advance the organization’s policy and advocacy agenda. Economic Liberties’ research team develops a wide range of products to reach a diverse set of influential audiences, ranging from in-depth market structure analyses and agency comment letters to accessible “Quick Takes” and policy toolkits. Examples of our work can be found .
In this role you will:
- Work collaboratively with the team to develop a policy research agenda aligned with the organization’s strategic and tactical objectives.
- Manage the overall research and product development pipeline by providing day-to-day guidance to research staff, providing substantive and structural editorial support, ensuring projects are proceeding in a timely way, and streamlining communication with the leadership team.
- Serve as a liaison and collaborator for projects undertaken by Economic Liberties’ fellows or outside experts.
- Work with the Communications Director and Advocacy and Outreach Manager to develop and execute product distribution strategies.
- Produce original policy research and related content, such as letters to policymakers and agency comments and petitions, as well as popular content like op-eds and factsheets to help shape the narrative.
An ideal candidate will have:
- A strong working knowledge of antitrust law and/or economic policy, ideally with significant experience in competition and antitrust.
- A proven ability to write accessibly for audiences with different levels of expertise; long form and breaking news editing experience is a plus.
- Excellent organizational and management skills.
- The ability to ensure research products are high-quality and completed on schedule in a fast-paced environment.
- Sense of curiosity about how markets work and ways policy could help decentralize economic power.
- An interest in politics and awareness of day-to-day political developments relevant to competition policy.
This is a full time, exempt position. The salary range is $85,000 – $95,000 plus excellent employer-paid full coverage benefits, including health, dental, and vision, as well as generous vacation and unlimited sick days, employer matching 401k plan, and up to twelve weeks parental leave. Compensation is commensurate with experience. We strongly encourage LGBTQ, women, and people of color to apply. Locating in Washington, D.C. is preferred but strong remote candidates will be considered.
How to apply:
Please submit your cover letter and resume in a single PDF to . Please include your full name and “Research Manager and Editor” in the subject line.
Please note that only those individuals whose qualifications match the current needs of this position will be considered applicants and will receive responses from Economic Liberties. Thank you for your interest.
As an equal opportunity employer, the American Economic Liberties Project values diversity, equity, and inclusion. We are committed to recruiting and promoting regardless of ability, age, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
To learn more about the American Economic Liberties Project, visit our website at .