The American Economic Liberties Project is a non-partisan, non-profit organization dedicated to developing policy ideas and generating political will for decentralizing concentrated economic power by educating, supporting, and demanding accountability from state and federal public officials who are responsible for protecting workers, entrepreneurs, small businesses, and communities from monopolistic corporations. Our Rethink Trade program fights for good jobs, fair markets, strong consumer and environmental protections, and the ability for those who will live with the results to decide the policies affecting their lives.
We are seeking a Digital Content Manager to oversee all of Rethink Trade’s social media and online platforms. This includes developing and managing the website and multi-faceted social media campaigns.
The ideal candidate for this position will bring experience working on a range of digital strategies and have the technical capacity to execute them. You will report to Economic Liberties’ Communications Director and the Rethink Trade Director. You will work specifically with the ReThink Trade team, helping to build consensus around bold approaches to addressing concentrated corporate power and notching victories in fights against some of the most dangerous and destructive monopolies in the world.
In this role you will:
- Create and execute data-driven digital campaigns across platforms that forward ReThink Trade’s legislative, policy, and narrative change goals, and educate and inspire action among policymakers and our supporters;
- Develop and manage a new ReThink Trade website, keeping the content fresh and relevant, and developing interactive content and infographics;
- Gain an understanding of ReThink Trade issues and campaigns to be able to produce memes, infographics, videos, tweets and other social media content. Create animations, layered GIFs and images, embedded feature tweets, and other high-end content;
- Build and maintain relationships with social media and digital campaign staff of coalition partners, Congressional members, and other potential influencers;
- Design and distribute interactive online toolkits to streamline collaboration and engagement among coalition partners and Congressional staff;
- Work with cross-organizational teams and national coalition partners to plan joint strategies for social media campaigns, and, where appropriate, lead coordinated social media campaign plans;
- Create, manage, and track paid and earned digital media;
- Develop metrics and growth targets for each social media platform and the web, and regularly perform analytics to optimize campaign performance; and
- Manage consultants and contractors as needed.
- Preferably has at least 4 years of digital communications experience in a fast-paced environment, ideally on a political campaign, newsroom, or advocacy organization;
- Excellent strategic planning, project management, web, design, writing, video shooting and editing, and computer skills;
- Experience using advanced strategies and analytics, with knowledge of a broad range of web technologies and web standards;
- Extensive experience doing video and audio production and editing;
- Advanced understanding of a range of tools used to effectively implement a robust digital strategy including advanced analytics, database structures and management, CRM tools like Action Network, Mobile Commons;
- Sense of curiosity and orientation for learning; and
- Passion for fighting corporate power.
This is a full time, exempt position. The salary range is $80,000 – $85,000 plus excellent employer-paid full coverage benefits, including health, dental, and vision, as well as generous vacation and sick days as needed, employer matching 401k plan, and up to twelve weeks parental leave. Compensation is commensurate with experience. We strongly encourage LGBTQ, women, and people of color to apply. Locating in Washington, D.C. is preferred but strong remote candidates will be considered.
How to apply:
Please submit your cover letter and resume in a single PDF to . Please include your full name and “Digital Content Manager – Rethink Trade” in the subject line.
Please note that only those individuals whose qualifications match the current needs of this position will be considered applicants and will receive responses from Economic Liberties. Thank you for your interest.
As an equal opportunity employer, the American Economic Liberties Project values diversity, equity, and inclusion. We are committed to recruiting and promoting regardless of ability, age, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
To learn more about the American Economic Liberties Project, visit our website at .